MSc DEGREE in MATERIALS ENGINEERING
The opportunities for professional employment of graduates in Materials Engineering are in the design, construction and development of complex and/or innovative products or processes in companies that produce or use materials, as well as in research institutions or laboratories operating in the field of new materials.Learn more
The strong interdisciplinary nature of this type of degree has allowed recent graduates in Materials Engineering to find employment in companies operating in various industrial sectors to date:
– production of polymers, glasses, ceramics and metals;
– transformation of metallic, ceramic, polymeric and composite materials;
– aeronautical and naval constructions;
– production of vehicles for civil, industrial and military use;
– manufacturing of building materials;
– manufacturing of biomedical devices;
– manufacturing of industrial components;
– textile and footwear industry;
– energy production.
Compared to traditional industrial engineering specializations, the Materials Engineer is characterized by an excellent ability to adapt to the various problems of design with traditional and innovative materials. As a consequence employment prospects are excellent, both locally and nationally, but above all in Europe, as shown by the statistics relating to the inclusion of materials engineers from all Italian univesities and as suggested by the interest shown by organizations of small, medium and large companies operating in extremely diversified sectors of activity.