CURRICULA CONTACT PERSONS
For general information, please contact the secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org). For specific information, please refer to the contact person of your curriculum.
Andrea Claudio Santomaso
Chemical and Environmental Engineering
Each PhD student has a research budget available to cover the expenses relevant to the PhD studies.INSTRUCTIONS FUNDS AND EXPENSES
Note: each student has to: 1) at the beginning of each academic year, prepare a Study and Research Plan in which he/she describes the proposed activity for the incoming academic year; 2) at the end of each academic year, submit a report on the activities carried out during that year; 3) at the end of each academic year, give an oral presentation of his/her work. These activities should be carried out according to the schedule outlined below and using the forms listed below.
Study and Research Plan
- Submission of the individual Study and Research Plan by the PhD student, to be approved by the Board of Supervisors (Collegio Docenti). The research plan is prepared by the PhD student under the guidance of the Supervisor. The document should be uploaded in the Moodle platform for the PhD school (instructions will be provided by the secretariat).
- With this document, 1st year students indicate also the name of the suggested Supervisor for their research activity.
- With this document, 2nd and 3rd year students update their previously submitted individual Study and Research Plan.
- Submission of the individual Annual Report, to be approved by the Executive Committee (Consiglio Direttivo). The report should be written in English. The document, together with the other supporting documents requested, should be uploaded in the Moodle platform for the PhD school (instructions will be provided by the secretariat).
- Short video presentation (max 3 min) in the form of mini interview of the work carried out during the year.
- Approval of the reported activities is a requirement for admission to the following academic year (1st and 2nd year students) or for being allowed to submit the thesis for evaluation by the external reviewers (3rd year students).
- Public presentation of the work carried out during the year. The presentation should be given in English, using slides. The document should be uploaded in the Moodle platform for the PhD school (instructions will be provided by the secretariat).
- Approval of the presentation is a requirement for admission to the following academic year (1st and 2nd year students) or for being allowed to submit the thesis for evaluation by the external reviewers (3rd year students).
Final Report (3rd year)
- Submission of the Final Report (3rd year students), to be approved by the Board of Supervisors (Collegio Docenti).
Thesis Submission (3rd year)
- Online submission of thesis for evaluation by the external reviewers (3rd year students). Detailed instructions will be given by the secretariat.
Note: each student, before traveling (mission), should fill an online form to formally request the permission to leave. It is absolutely forbidden to leave without having submitted the request for permission to travel. The authorization to travel must always be requested before departure, even if no reimbursement is due. Authorization is requested through the web application accessible from your personal SIT page (link below). Additional travel authorizations may be requested in some cases (see below). After the completion of the mission, to request reimbursement of expenses, the students must provide the original copy of the receipt for each claim (for air travel, the original copy of the boarding card must be provided as well).
Basic Travel Authorization
- Online submission (SIT page) of the travel authorization request (see “Missions Instructions”) for any travelling activity outside of UNIPD for study or research. This is an important requirement for insurance purposes; refund of expenses will be refused in absence of this request before departure. Travelling using a private or rented car should be justified exhaustively. For details see “Missions Regulation”.
- Within the online submission of the travel authorization request, a PhD student may ask for the emission of a credit card that he/she can use for the advance payment of conference/course fees. The credit card will be issued after authorization.
- If the conference/course fees are due by bank transfer, the PhD student must open (after the online authorization) a ticket in section “SERVIZI CONTABILI:3 Missioni” at http://www.dii.unipd.it/helpdesk and upload a pdf file including the payment instructions as available in the conference/course website (no form is to be filled/signed: only the payment instructions are needed). In this case, the online submission of the travel authorization request must be done at least one month before departure.
- To attend virtual conferences/courses, you must not request the authorization through the SIT page (see below for instructions).
Additional Travel Authorization
For Periods of 20 days or more
- For periods outside UNIPD (either in Italy or abroad) for more than 20 days, an additional authorization is required.
2nd Additional Travel Authorization
For Periods ABROAD of 20 days or more
- For periods ABROAD for twenty or more days, an additional form is required. This will also allow for a 50% increase of the scholarship money for the period abroad (not applicable to students with no scholarship – studenti senza borsa).
- Upon arrival: students that requested the 50% increase in wage must send to the PhD office (email@example.com) a formal letter of the host institution (a letter from the professor/laboratory head that is hosting you is enough) stating the start of the research activity abroad.
- Before returning to Italy: students (ALL students, independently on the type of grant they have) that spend more than 20 days ABROAD (even if they do not request the 50% increase in wage) need to obtain, before returning to Italy, a formal letter from the host institution stating clearly the period that they spent there (a letter from the professor/laboratory head that is hosting you is enough). The letter must be sent to the PhD office (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Once returned from your travel, you must submit your reimbursement claim following the same procedure online (in your personal SIT page), uploading also a scan of all receipts and travel documents.
- The ORIGINAL copies of all the documents must be given to: “Settore Contabilità e Acquisti – DII (Sede G)”.
- If you are returning from abroad, do not forget to send the final letter from the host institution to the PhD office (see above).
For attendance of virtual conference/courses, no travel authorization is needed; ONLY in this case, a form must be used to request advanced payment of conference/course fees.VIRTUAL CONFERENCES/COURSES FORM
TEACHING, TUTORING AND EXTERNAL ACTIVIES
Teaching, tutoring and external activities are subject to authorization. The PhD students must submit a request for authorization to be approved by the Executive Committee (Consiglio Direttivo) of the PhD school.ACTIVITY AUTHORIZATION FORM